Italian Tiramisu Recipe
· 3 large egg yolks, cold
· 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (120g)
· 2 1/4 cups mascarpone, cold (500g)
· 27-36 ladyfingers (hard ones)
· 1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee, cold (120ml)
· 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (21g)
1. In a large mixing bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar on medium-high speed until white and creamy and sugar is completely dissolved, for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add mascarpone and mix until smooth and creamy, for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Dip ladyfingers on both sides quickly into coffee and arrange about 9-12 ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9x7x3 or 8x8x3 inches casserole.
4. Spread about 1/3 of the mascarpone cream on top. Repeat two more times, ending up with a layer of mascarpone cream on top.
5. Wrap casserole with plastic wrap tightly that no air or smell from the fridge can go inside the Tiramisu. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or preferably overnight. Dust with cocoa on top just before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge up to 3 days.