Baked Zuchini Pinach and Fetta Casserole
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 3 cups baby spinach
· 2 small zucchini, diced small
· 2 small yellow squash, diced small
· 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese, crumbled
· 1/4 cup low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
· 1/4 cup (whole wheat) panko bread crumbs
· 2 egg whites
· 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
· 2 teaspoons garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the spinach, zucchini, and yellow squash. Cook, about 5 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and squash is soft. Drain off any excess liquid and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to mixing bowl with the spinach mix. Combine well and spread the mixture in an even layer in the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool slightly before serving.