Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 2 about 8 oz each chicken breast, sliced in half to make 4 thinner cutlets
- 6 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs, I used whole wheat, you can use gluten-free
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 6 tbsp reduced fat mozzarella cheese, I used Polly-o
- 1/2 cup marinara
- cooking spray
1. Preheat the air fryer 360F° for 3 minutes.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl.
3. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
4. When the air fryer is ready, place 2 pieces in the basket and spray the top with oil.
5. Cook 6 minutes, turn and top each with 2 tbsp sauce and 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Cook 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Set aside and keep warm, repeat with the remaining 2 pieces