Baileys Oreo Mouse Cups
· 2 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
· 2 tablespoon cold water
· 1/4 c. boiling water
· 1/2 c. sugar
· 2 tablespoon cocoa powder (for a more intense chocolate flavour, add 1 additional tablespoon)
· 1 1/2 c. heavy cream, very cold
· 1/2 c. Baileys Irish Cream, very cold
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 300 grams crushed Oreo cookies
· 100 milliliters whipped cream + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add thickened cream to a large metal mixing bowl. Whip on high using a hand mixer until cream thickens to stiff peaks that can hold their shape. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let stand to cool.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; add heavy cream.
- Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; gradually pour in Baileys, vanilla, and gelatin mixture, beating continuously at high speed until well-blended and soft peaks form.
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of crushed Oreos into serving dishes followed by a tablespoon of mousse and repeat until full. Place in refrigerator to chill. (*For a faster setting mousse, chill cups before filling.)
- Use a piping bag fitted with a star tip to a piping bag and pipe a swirl on top before sprinkling some extra crushed oreos.
- Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.