Crispy Cheddar Chicken
· 4 large chicken breasts
· 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
· 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
· 1 teaspoon dried parsley
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 2 tablespoons milk
· 1 (14 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
· 2 tablespoons sour cream
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut each chicken breast into 2 or 3 large chunks.
3. In a food processor combine the Ritz crackers, grated cheese, parsely, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times to form crumbs.
4. In a shallow dish, stir together the beaten eggs and milk. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg/milk mixture, then in the cracker crumb mixture, pressing the crumbs on to coat well.
5. Place the coated chicken in a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. Spray the top of the chicken with a thin, even layer of cooking spray.
6. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
7. To make sauce, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk in a medium saucepan.
8. Cook and stir over medium high heat until the sauce hot.
9. Stir in milk until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve over the chicken.