Egg Roll In A Bowl
· 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
· 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or minced
· ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 teaspoons sesame oil
· 1 12 oz package coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
· 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos (or low-sodium tamari or soy sauce)
· 1 teaspoon sambal oelek paste
· 2 green onions, chopped
· sriracha, for serving (optional)
· sesame seeds and cilantro, for garnish (optional)
1. Brown ground chicken or turkey in a large skillet. Break meat into smaller pieces as it cooks using a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
2. In the same skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil. Once hot, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) into the skillet. Toss and add coconut aminos and sambal oelek paste. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
3. Portion into bowls and top each with green onions and a drizzle of sriracha, sesame seeds and cilantro (if using).