Home Steak Recipe
· 2 large steaks (I used 2 x 400g/14oz t bone steaks) (Note 1)
· 1 tsp Dijon mustard
· 1/2 tsp minced garlic (1 large garlic clove)
· 1/2 tsp onion powder (or sub with garlic powder)
· 1 tbsp soy sauce (Note 2)
· 1 tbsp oil (I use olive oil, but any oil is fine)
· 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
· Black pepper
Mix together mustard, garlic and onion powder. Then mix in remaining ingredients.
1. Place beef in a ziplock bag with Marinade and marinade overnight (12 - 24 hours).
2. Remove from the fridge 1 hour before cooking to bring to room temperature. Shake off excess marinade.
3. Heat skillet (or BBQ) on high heat until is really hot - you should see wisps of smoke. Add oil - it will heat almost instantly. Add steaks and cook the first side for 2 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for 1 1/2 minutes (for very medium rare). (Note 3)
4. Remove from skillet onto a WARM plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes.
5. Serve with baked potatoes and corn! I couldn't resist herb butter - see recipe in notes.