Mac & Cheese Egg Rolls
· 1 box mac and cheese, plus ingredients called for on box
· 1 c. shredded cheddar
· 1 c. shredded mozzarella
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· Egg roll wrappers
· Vegetable oil, for frying
· Buffalo sauce, for serving
1. Prepare mac and cheese according to instructions on box. While still warm, fold in cheeses until melted and fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool slightly, 10 minutes.
2. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and moisten corners with drops of water. Add a heaping spoonful of mac and cheese. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal with a couple drops of water. Repeat until no mac and cheese remains.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1" up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to cool slightly.
4. Serve with buffalo sauce, for dipping.