Mango Pie Recipe
- 1 kg Mango cubed
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- A Pinch of Salt
- 340 g Flour
- 225 g Cold Butter cubed
- 7 tbsp Ice Water
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
1. In a food processor combine flour and cold butter and pulse several times to mix. Do not overmix.
2. Add ice water, apple cider vinegar and salt and pulse several times. The mixture is ready if when you pinch some of the crumbly dough together with your fingers, it holds together.
3. Turn the dough into a ball and warp with plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
1. Add 3/4 of cubed mango and a pinch of salt onto a saucepan. Cook for 15 minutes until most of the water evaporated. Chill for 45 minutes.
2. After 45 minutes combine all mangoes, sugar and cornstarch in large bowl.
Assembly The Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a baking sheet on an oven rack.
2. Divide pie dough into 2 balls, save 1 in refrigerator. Onto the floured surface, roll out dough with a rolling pin to a 12-inch circle, about 1/8 of an inch thick.
3. Carefully place onto a 9-inch pie plate. Gently press the pie dough down so that it lines the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
4. Fill the pie plate with mango filling.
5. Take last dough in the refrigerator. Onto the floured surface, roll out dough with a rolling pin to a 12-inch circle, about 1/8 of an inch thick. Cut lengthwise with pizza dough cutter about 1 inch wide. Make about 9-10 long doughs.
6. Make braid pie crust on the mango filling. (Please watch the tutorial video)
7. Trim excess dough with kitchen shears or knife.
8. Bake 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour 15 minutes on baking sheet.
9. When done baking, cool the pie in room temperature.