· 200 ml water
· 1 tsp konbu dashi stock powder
· 160 g plain flour
· 4 egg
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp sugar
· 480 g finely chopped cabbage
· 40 g chopped green shallot
· 40 g Tenkasu
· 160 g thinly sliced pork
· bonito flake to garnish
· pickled ginger to garnish
· Aonori to garnish
· 1 tbs olive oil
· 1/4 cup okonomiyaki sauce
1. Dissolve the dashi powder into the water to make the dashi stock.
2. Place the flour in a large bowl and add salt, sugar, and pour the dashi stock in to mix. Set aside.
3. Divide the chopped cabbage, green shallots, and tenkasu into 4 small mixing bowls.
4. Add one egg each and 1/4 of flour and dashi mixture to each bowl.
5. Mix them well together with a fork.
6. Heat cooking plate to 200 degrees and pour the cabbage mixture onto the cooking plate to spread approximately 2cm thickness.
7. Place the thinly sliced pork and bonito flake on top of the cabbage mixture.
8. When the edge of the okonomiyaki has become firm and cooked, flip it over with two egg flippers.
9. Put the lid on and steam grill for a few minutes.
10. Turn the okonomiyaki over one more time to check whether the meat is cooked.
11. Brush the okonomiyaki with Okonomiyaki sauce and garnish with pickled ginger, more bonito and sprinkle aonori to serve.