Cinnamon And Sugar Doughnut Muffins
FOR THE MUFFINS:
· 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
· 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
· 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
· 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
· 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
· 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
· 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
· 1 Large Egg
· 1/2 Cup Milk
· 1/3 Cup Butter, Melted and Cooled
FOR THE TOPPING:
· 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
· 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
· 5 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl beat the egg. Add the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter and mix well to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened, being careful not to over mix.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
6. For the topping: In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl melt the 5 Tablespoons of butter.
7. Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.