· 1 lb Ground beef
· 1 tbsp Olive oil
· 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (the one linked here is gluten-free)
· 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
· 1 tsp Sea salt
· 1/2 tsp Black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Work through using your hands until just combined, being careful not to overwork the meat.
2. Shape into 1/2 in (1 cm) thick patties, about 1/4 pound each. Make a thumb print in the center of each patty to keep the burgers from bulging out when cooking.
3. Preheat a grill or pan to medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook 4-5 minutes with the lid closed, until browned on the bottom and the only juices visible are no longer red. Do not push down on the burgers or move them around. Flip over and cook 2-3 minutes for medium, or until done as desired.
4. Remove burgers from heat. Let the burgers rest for a few minutes before serving.