Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich
· Ice Cream
· 600ml thickened/whipped cream
· ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
· 2 tbsp brown sugar
· 1 cup mini choc chips
· 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
· Cookie Dough
· 169g unsalted butter, softened
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
· 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon milk or cream
· 1/2 cup mini choc chips
- Cookie dough
- Spray an 8” x 8” baking tin with oil and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla bean paste to a large mixing bowl and cream together using a hand mixer until pale in colour.
- Add salt, flour, milk and choc chips to the butter mixture and fold in using a spatula until well combined. Split the mixture in half.
- Add half the cookie dough to the baking tin and use the back of a tablespoon to spread around evenly. Set aside in the fridge.
- Lay out a large sheet of baking paper and add the second half of the cookie dough on one half of the baking paper and fold the other half over the baking paper. Use a rolling pin to spread the cookie dough out to about the same size as your 8” baking tin. Transfer to a baking tray and freeze.
- Ice Cream
- Add cream, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean paste. Use a hand mixer to whip until you reach stiff peaks. Add mini choc chips and fold in using a spatula.
- Transfer the cream mixture to the baking tin, use a small offset spatula to spread the mixture out. Add the cookie dough sheet on top and freeze overnight.
- To serve use a large knife to cut into squares.