Corn Flitters Recipe
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 egg
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· 1 cup corn kernels fresh or canned
· 1 medium bell pepper seeded and diced
· 1/4 cup chopped parsley
· 1/4 cup chopped chives
· 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
· 1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
· olive oil for frying about 3-4 tablespoons
1. Prepare the batter by whisking together the flour, baking powder, egg, and water in a medium bowl. When the batter is smooth, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix well.
2. To the batter, add the corn, bell pepper, parsley, and chives. Mix it well and set aside.
3. Heat up a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil onto it. Once the oil is hot, add one heaping tablespoon at a time of the corn mixture, and flatten out the tops slightly to make the fritters even. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. If they brown too quickly, reduce the heat.