Easy Oreo Balls Recipe
· 38 Oreo cookies
· 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
· 1 cup chocolate melting wafers or candy coating
· 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers or candy coating
· For decorating: melted chocolate, Oreo crumbs, sprinkles, crushed peppermint, or chopped nuts, if desired
1. Place Oreo cookies in a food processor. Pulse until they are fine cookie crumbs.
2. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth, about 1 minute. Add the Oreo cookie crumbs and mix until well combined.
3. Roll the Oreo mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet or tray that has been lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Freeze the Oreo balls for 15 minutes.
4. Place the chocolate wafers (or candy coating) in a small microwave safe bowl. Place the white chocolate wafers (or candy coating) in a separate small microwave safe bowl. Melt according to instructions on packaging.
5. Remove the balls from the freezer and dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Make sure you cover the balls completely in chocolate. I like to use a fork to shake the excess chocolate off of the Oreo balls. Dip half of the balls in the chocolate and half in the white chocolate. Place the dipped balls back on the baking tray with parchment paper or wax paper. Decorate with a drizzle of chocolate, additional crushed Oreos, sprinkles, crushed peppermint or crushed nuts, if desired.
6. Place the baking sheet with the Oreo balls in the refrigerator and chill for at least an hour. Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The Oreo balls will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze the balls for up to 2 months.