Homemade Nhá Benta Sweets
· 10 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
· 3 egg whites
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 3/4 cup water
· 3 tablespoons corn syrup
· Chocolate mold
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and pour a portion of the chocolate over each mold, leaving a thin layer.
- Store in the refrigerator to harden. Reserve the rest of the chocolate to finish.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixer at low speed.
- Make a light syrup with sugar, water and corn syrup.
- When the egg whites have smooth and shiny peaks, add the light syrup and beat until firm.
- Fill the molds with the meringue and finish with another layer of chocolate to cover the meringue. Return to the refrigerator to harden the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is opaque, remove from refrigerator and unmold the Nhá Bentas.