Watermelon Glass Jelly
· Green layer:
· 1 kiwi, cubed
· 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin, soaked 1 1/2 tablespoons water
· White layer:
· 1/4 cup Calpis soda
· 1/2 teaspoon gelatin, soaked in 1 tablespoon water
· Chocolate pen
· Red layer:
· 1/2 miniature watermelon
· 2 1/2 teaspoons gelatin, soaked in 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- Using a melon baller, scoop about 8 balls out of the watermelon and set aside.
- Remove the remaining watermelon flesh, add to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add kiwi, water and sugar and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes then turn off heat. Stir in dissolved gelatin and mix well.
- Pour a layer of kiwi jelly into each glass, and place glasses in refrigerator until layer is set.
- In a small bowl, combine Calpis and gelatin and stir until combined. Pour a layer of this mixture on top of the green layer.
- Using a chocolate pen or melted chocolate, draw seeds on the insides of the glasses. Place glasses in refrigerator until chocolate and white layer are set.
- In a blender, add the watermelon and puree. Strain seeds out if necessary, and place watermelon into a bowl along with gelatin. Stir until combined. Pour a layer of watermelon mixture on top of the white layer. Place glasses back in the fridge until set.
- Add watermelon balls on top of each glass, and enjoy!