Mango Coconut Panna Cotta
· 3/4 cup cold coconut cream
· 1 cup mango puree
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 1 1/4 cup fresh cream/ heavy cream
· 1 + 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon cold water
· dash of salt
1. In a bowl, put the cold coconut cream and 1 teaspoon gelatin. Let this mixture bloom for 5 mins
2. In a pan, heat the fresh cream along with the sugar. Mix well until all the sugar has melted and then fresh cream comes to a mild boil. To this add the coconut cream and gelatin mixture and mix well. Cook this mixture for 5-7 mins or until all the gelatin has dissolved and the mixture comes to another mild boil
3. Add the salt, vanilla essence and mix well
4. Switch off the flame and divide the mixture into 2 parts.
5. In a small bowl, add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin along with a tablespoon of cold water. Let this bloom for 2-3 mins
6. Take one part of the prepared pannacotta mixture back onto the gas. Add the mango puree and bloomed gelatin (1/2 teaspoon gelatin) and mix well bringing it a mild boiled making sure all the gelatin has dissolved. Let sit at room temperature for 10 mins.
7. Place transparent empty glasses at an angle in a muffin baking tray and pour the 1st layer (mango pannacotta layer) and refrigerate for 25-30 mins or until firm.
8. Once firm, add the coconut pannacotta layer (white in color) over the set mango pannacotta layer, making sure the glasses are now upright. Refrigerate for an hour or until firm. Top up with cut mango pieces and serve
The flower-shaped mango piece put on the top is a cut piece of mango using a flower shaped mini cookie cutter