Salted Caramel Walnut Chocolate Cluster
· Cooking spray
· 2 1/4 c. California walnuts
· 1/2 c. thick caramel sauce
· 2 c. dark chocolate chips
· 1 tbsp. coconut oil
· Flaky sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Scatter walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing halfway through, until walnuts are toasted, 8 to 10 minutes. Dump walnuts onto a work surface and let cool. Break about 1 cup of the walnuts in half. Chop the remaining for garnish.
2. Line two small rimmed baking sheets or plates with parchment paper. Grease parchment with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, toss the walnuts with the caramel sauce. Using two spoons, drop clusters of caramel-coated walnuts on prepared baking sheets. Freeze until hardened, about 20 minutes.
3. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and coconut oil, stirring every 20 seconds or so, about 1 1/2 minutes until chocolate is just melted. Remove one baking sheet from freezer and dip each cluster in melted chocolate, coating entirely. Transfer back to the sheet tray. Top with some of the reserved walnuts and sprinkle with sea salt. If caramel gets too soft, return to freezer for 5 minutes. Repeat with clusters on remaining baking sheet.
4. Return baking sheets to freezer to harden, about 15 minutes. Serve cold.