· 4 egg whites
· 2 egg yolks
· 1/3 cup wheat flour
· 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
· 2 3/4 tablespoons milk
· Splash of vanilla extract
· 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
· Lemon juice
· Oil, for pan
· To garnish:
· Whipped cream
· Maple syrup
· Powdered sugar
· Mixed berries
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then add granulated sugar and continue to beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining batter ingredients. Fold one-third of the meringue into the batter at a time.
- Oil a frying pan over low heat, then cook about 1 cup of the batter at a time. Cook for 6 minutes, then flip it over when slightly browned.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite fruits and toppings.