Strawberry Pie Cookies Bars
- 17.5 oz pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 c. Butter softened
- 2 T Flour
- 1 Egg
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 quarts strawberries
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients until it is a fine moist crumb consistency. Press the mixture into a sprayed 9x13 pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, clean and quarter all of the strawberries. Add 1 cup of strawberries to a medium saucepan along with the sugar. Using a potato masher, mash the strawberries until there are no large chunks left.
4. Add the cornstarch, flour and water to the mashed strawberries and whisk over high heat until it comes to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes at a boil and remove from the heat to cool. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until it is smooth. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
6. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled sugar cookie layer. Pat the remaining strawberries dry with a paper towel and arrange them on top of the cream cheese.
7. Top the strawberries with the cooled strawberry glaze. Serve or refrigerate up to 3 days