Sweet Potatoes Black Bean Burrito Bowl
· 1 cup brown basmati rice + ingredients called for
· 2 large sweet potatoes ~4 cups
· 2 red bell peppers
· 1/4 cup olive oil separated
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
· Salt and pepper 1/2 teaspoon each
· 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
· Toppings: cilantro, fresh lime, avocado(s), jalapenos (optional)
· 1/2 cup full fat regular mayo no substitutes
· 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
· 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
· 1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce
· Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Start by cooking the brown rice according to package directions. Allow to cool before assembling the final bowls.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-sized chunks. Slice the bell peppers and set aside.
4. Toss the potatoes with 3 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, and chipotle chili powder.
5. Place the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add in the sliced peppers and toss around with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
6. Return to the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp tender and the potatoes are tender.
7. Remove and toss on the tray with the rinsed and dried black beans.
8. Allow these roasted veggies to cool down to just above room temperature.
9. While everything is cooking, in a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients (mayo, lime juice and zest, ground cumin, paprika, chili powder, and Sriracha) and whisk together until completely combined.
10. Prep the toppings: chop cilantro, slice an avocado, slice a jalapeno, and slice a lime.
11. Make the bowls: fill a bowl with cooked and cooled rice, top with cooled veggies and beans, and add toppings and dressing.
12. Enjoy immediately.