· 150 g ladyfingers (5.3 oz)
· 100 ml hot unsweetened brewed coffee (3.4 oz)
· 3 eggs, free range
· 2 tbsp Vin Santo or cognac (optional)
· 75 g sugar (2 1/2 oz or 1/3 cup)
· 500 g mascarpone cheese (1.1 lbs)
· 1 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
· 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
· ARGE BOWL
· ELECTRIC MIXER OR STAND MIXER
· 20 CM X 25 CM ( 8-INCH X 10-INCH) BAKING DISH
Line ladyfingers in one layer in an approx. 20 cm x 25 cm ( 8-inches x 10-inches) baking dish. Pour half of the brewed coffee over the ladyfingers for them to get soaked, but not too much.
- MASCARPONE CREAM
Separate your eggs. Place the egg yolks into a large bowl with Vin Santo or cognac, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Whisk with an electric mixer (or in a stand mixer) on medium speed for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy and pale. It's super important to really mix thoroughly for about 10 minutes. Add the mascarpone and freshly squeezed orange juice. Mix to combine.
- BEAT THE EGG WHITES
Clean the whisk and whisk the egg whites with 1 tablespoon of sugar until they form stiff peaks. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and fold it in, then very gently fold in the rest of the egg whites. The mixture has to be creamy and delicious.
Spoon half of the cream on top of the ladyfingers. Line another layer of ladyfingers over the cream, pour the remaining coffee over the ladyfingers and spoon the remaining cream on top. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or even better, overnight. Dust with cacao powder and serve or pop in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy.