Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Penne
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 4 oz Sun-dried Tomatoes drained and chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to your taste
- 2 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 ½ Cup Skimmed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Corn or Gluten-free Flour
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes
1. Fill a pot with salted water and bring it to the boil. Add in the pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
3. Add shrimps, dried tomatoes, chili flakes, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until shrimps are pink, about 3-4 minutes, then set aside on a plate.
4. In the same pan add milk and flour and cook whisking constantly, until sauce thickens(about 3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Add baby spinach and cook until just wilted about 1 more minute.
6. Stir in the cooked pasta and shrimps and gently mix to combine. Enjoy!