Hibachi Chicken Fried Rice
· 4 cups rice cooked, cool to the touch
· 1 cup frozen vegetables
· 1/2 cup white onion diced
· 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
· 1 zucchini large, quartered
· 1 white onion large, cut into slices
· 2 cups baby bella mushrooms quartered
· 1 clove garlic minced
· 6 tablespoons butter
· 12 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
· 2 tablespoons dry mustard
· 1/2 cup half and half
· 1 tablespoon water hot
· 1 tablespoon sesame seeds preferably lightly toasted
· 2 eggs large
1. Make the fried rice: Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil on medium high in a large skillet or wok. Add diced onion and frozen vegetables, and sauté until onions are almost translucent, about 3 minutes. Move the vegetables to the side of pan.
2. Crack eggs into pan and scramble with a spatula until cooked through and fully scrambled. Add 4 cups cooked rice and 4 tablespoons butter. Cook for 5 minutes and stir frequently. Add 4 tablespoons soy sauce and cook 1 additional minute. Pack fried rice firmly into bowls to keep hot.
3. Make the chicken and vegetables at the same time.
4. For the chicken: Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil in same skillet or wok used for fried rice. Add chicken, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to skillet. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Stir only once or twice so chicken will brown.
5. For the vegetables: In a separate large skillet or wok, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil on medium high heat. Add sliced onion, baby bella mushrooms, zucchini, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, and pepper to skillet. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes.
6. For the mustard sauce: Lightly toast sesame seeds if desired. (See note.) Blend sesame seeds, dry mustard, 2 teaspoons honey, half and half, hot water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and minced garlic in blender.