Thai Chicken Pasta Salad
· 12 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
· 2 large carrots, julienned
· 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
· 3 tablespoons water
· 3 tablespoons lime juice
· 3 tablespoons molasses
· 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
· 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
· 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
· 8 cups finely shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
· 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
· 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
· 3 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1. In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the carrots during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, water, lime juice, molasses, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes until blended. Drain spaghetti and carrots; place in a large bowl. Add cabbage, chicken and dressing; toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.