Zucchini Sausage Stovetop Cassarole
· 1 pound bulk pork sausage
· 1 tablespoon canola oil
· 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
· 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
· 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain and remove sausage from pan.
2. In same pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, rice, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
3. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.