Braised Beef In Spices
· 2 lbs. lean beef eye round, trimmed of all fat (or top round)
· 1 sweet onion, diced
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, sliced
· 2 jalapenos
· 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
· 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
· 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (coconut aminos for Whole30)
· 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
· 1/2 tsp. cumin
· 1/4 tsp. oregano
· 1/4 tsp. coriander
2. Spread the onion, red pepper, garlic, and spicy peppers (which ever ones you choose) on and around the beef.
3. Mix together the beef broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, cumin, oregano, and coriander. Pour over beef.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred or slice. If you have time, leave the beef in the slow cooker on warm for 30 minutes after shredding to let more of the cooking liquid impart flavor in the beef.