· 1/4 cup masa harina corn tortilla flour
· 2 cups warm water
· 2 cups whole milk
· 3.25 oz disk Mexican chocolate chopped
· 3 oz piloncillo cones chopped or 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
· 1/8 teaspoon ground anise seeds I used star anise
Things You'll Need
1. In a large saucepan, slowly add masa harina to the warm water, whisking until combined. Add milk, chocolate, piloncillo, and ground anise seeds.
2. Heat over medium heat just until boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and sugar is dissolved, whisking occasionally. Serve immediately.