Hatteok Sweet Pancakes
· 1/4 cups flour
· ½ Cup rice flour
· 2 tbsp. sugar
· ¼ tsp. salt
· ¾ cup milk warmed
· 1 tbsp. butter melted
· 2 tbsp. cooking oil (for frying)
· ½ cup brown sugar
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· ¼ nutmeg
· 3 tbsp walnuts or pecans chops
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the warm milk and butter and stir until a dough forms.
2. Knead the dough into a ball and cover to rise for 1-2 hours. Dough should almost double in size. TIP: leave to rise in a warm area.
3. Once dough has risen, flatten it and divide it into 8 pieces.
4. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten it to about 4- wide.
5. Place 1 tbsp. of filling in the center of each dough circle.
6. Fold the dough up and around the filling and make a ball. Be sure that all the filling is surrounding by the dough.
7. Flatten the balls into about 3" pancakes.
8. Heat 2 tbsp. cooking oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
9. Add the pancakes and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 30 second to 1 minutes per side).
10. Add 1 tbsp. water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 30 seconds to allow the filling to melt.