· 3 tbsp Oil
· 2 tsp Cumin
· 1 tsp Ginger chopped
· 2 Green chilli chopped
· 5 Potatoes medium
· 1/4 tsp Turmeric
· 1 tsp Chilli powder
· Salt as required
· Lime juice from half lime
· Coriander handful
1. In a saucepan, place potatoes and cover them with salted water.
2. Boil on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or just until tender.
3. Drain water and leave potatoes to cool, peel and cut them into cubes.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium-low, add cumin and let it splutter.
5. Now turn down the heat to the lowest possible setting.
6. Add ginger, green chillies, stir and cook for few seconds or until aromatic.
7. Add chilli powder, turmeric, salt, stir for few seconds.
8. Add potato cubes and saute gently until potatoes are coated well with spices and cumin.
9. Finally, mix in handful coriander, lemon juice and turn off the heat.
10. Relish simple yet scrumptious jeera aloo with paratha or with rice and dal.