· 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon of potato/corn starch
· 180 ml of water
· 1 egg
· 1 tablespoon of butter (melted)
· 1/8 teaspoon of salt
Egg Rolls Filling:
· 6 tablespoons os mayonnaise (I am using Miracle Whip here) (mayones)
· 100 grams of mozzarella cheese
· 100 grams of ham/ Spam
· 3 sheets of cheddar cheese
· 2 boiled eggs
· bread crumb
1. Making the wrappers: Mix together all of the ingredient well until there is no lump in the batter. In a hot clean non stick pan, pour in 1/4 cup of batter and quickly tilt the pan to make thin pancakes. Take the pancake out when the side start to swirl.
2. Put the pancake with the upper side down on a clean dry kitchen napkin and cover it with another napkin, Make another pancake and stack it on the previous pancake with same position, upper side down, cover them with another napkin to keep them moist. Repeat until the batter done.
3. Cut the cheddar cheese sheet into half, the boiled egg onto 4 pieces, and Spam/ Ham into half (if you use Spam just slice it with 1 cm thickness and cut it long into half and you can pan fried the Spam first before putting it inside the roll if you like).
4. Make the Egg Rolls: Take one of the wrapper, flip it so the upper side down, and fill the pancake with cheddar cheese on the base, followed by Spam/ ham, mayonnaise, boiled egg, and top with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Wrap it tight like making envelope and roll it to the end. Repeat until the wrappers and filling ingredients are done.
5. Preheat your frying pan with lot of oil to deep fry the egg rolls on medium. Meanwhile, prepare 2 plates and fill them with 1 beaten egg in one plate and the bread crumbs in the another. Begin to dip the egg roll one by one into the beaten egg evenly and roll them on the bread crumbs. Fry the Egg Rolls just until the bread crumb coat started to golden brown (don’t fry it longer or it will burst out.). Put the Egg rolls on a shieve or paper towel and serve them warm. Enjoy!