Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
· 1/4 cup coconut milk
· 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
· 2 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
· 1 tablespoon brown sugar
· 1 tablespoon fish sauce
· 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
· 1 tablespoon canola oil
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the peanut sauce
· 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
· 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
· 2 teaspoons brown sugar
· 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, or more, to taste
· 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1. To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons water until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and fish sauce.
3. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and coconut milk mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
4. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
5. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 12-15 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with peanut sauce.