· 3 cups all-purpose flour , plus more as needed
· 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
· 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter) or oil
· 1 cup warm water
· 1-2 tablespoons oil
· 1/2 medium onion , chopped
· 2 teaspoons minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon ginger , grated
· ½-1 teaspoon pepper sauce or chili sauce
· 1 teaspoon curry powder
· ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1 teaspoon white pepper
· 1/2 pound ground meat chicken, beef or turkey
· 2-3 tablespoons parsley or cilantro
· 1/3 cup frozen peas , thawed
· salt to taste
1. In a medium- large skillet, add oil, onions, garlic, ginger and sauté, for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent any burns.
2. Then add, curry, pepper sauce, paprika, white and cayenne pepper and continue stirring with a heavy wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
3. Add minced ground chicken mix until ingredients have been thoroughly combine. Simmer for about 5 minutes or more. Finally throw in peas, parsley , adjust the salt or seasoning, to taste. Remove from the heat and let it cool. You may prepare this a day in advance.
1. In a large bow,l add flour and make a well then add sugar, salt.
2. Followed by water, and ghee or oil
3. Knead to form soft and sticky dough.
4. Place dough on a heavily floured board and knead for about 3-4minutes. Continue to flour dough as needed to facilitate kneading. Be careful not to overdo it. Dough should be soft, elastic and smooth.
5. On a lightly floured surface, form the dough into 16 balls.
6. Roll the dough using a lightly floured rolling pin; cut it half. Spoon a generous 1-2 tablespoons filling in the center of a half-circle; lightly moisten the dough edges with water or flour paste, using your finger. Fold the end over the filling to form a triangle, and then continue to fold up the strip in triangles, like you would a flag. Continue with remaining dough. Set samosas on tray.
7. In a large sauce pan, pour vegetable oil, until it is at least 3 inches, and place on medium heat or until oil is 350 degrees.
8. When ready, gently place a few samosas at a time into the saucepan.
9. Fry for a few minutes until the bottom side is light brown.
10. Turn over and fry for a few more minutes until the other side is light brown.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature with this avocado ranch dressing.
12. If baking, place on a baking sheet and brush with canola oil. Then bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or more until golden brown, turning once.
13. Use a large spoon or something like that to take it out of the oil. Repeat the process until finish. Best serve warm with this pepper sauce.