Healthy Turkey Pot Pie Soup
· 1/4 cup flour
· 2 cups turkey stock
· 4 cups fat free milk
· 2 large celery stalks, chopped
· 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
· 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
· fresh ground pepper
· 2 tbsp chopped parsley
· 8 oz frozen peas and carrots
· 1 tsp Turkey Better n Boullion, or more to taste
· 2 medium, 12 oz total potatoes, peeled and cubed small
· 16 oz cooked turkey breast, diced small or shredded
1. Create a slurry by combining 1/2 cup of the cold broth with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
2. Pour remaining broth and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil.
3. Add celery, onion, mushrooms, parsley, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables, boullion and return to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
5. Add turkey, and slowly whisk in slurry, stirring well as you add. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.