· 3/4 cup granulated sugar
· 3 eggs
· 2 cups all purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 cup whole milk
· 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
· Vegetable oil for greasing the pan
· Chocolate sprinkles, crumbled chocolate cookies, shredded coconut, cheddar cheese, or other desired toppings
1. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Slowly mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in the vanilla extract, milk, and butter to form a smooth batter. Cover and allow to rest for 1 hour.
2. Place Indonesian cake mold or aebleskiver pan over medium heat. Once heated, grease the cavities and decrease heat to medium-low/low. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag or plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe the batter into the greased cavities, halfway full. Cover the pan and cook for about a minute. If desired, top the cakes with desired toppings. Cover the pan again and cook to desired doneness, 2-3 minutes total for half-done or up to 4 for completely cooked through.
3. Remove with a chopstick or small spoons. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing as needed, and serve immediately.