Bacon Wrapped Turkey
· 1 (11-lb.) turkey
· 1 large red onion, cut into large wedges
· 1 bunch thyme
· 1 bunch rosemary
· 1/2 c. (1 stick) melted butter
· 1 tsp. chili powder
· 1 tsp. kosher salt
· 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp. paprika
· 1 lb. bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Rinse turkey under cold water then pat dry with paper towels. Stuff cavity with onion, thyme, and rosemary then tie legs together and tuck wings in.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and seasonings. Brush turkey all over with butter mixture.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan. Place strips of bacon on turkey and weave together.
- Bake for 3 hours, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 165°. Check after 2 hours and cover with foil if bacon gets too dark.