Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas with Chipotle Queso
Sheet Pan Fajitas:
· 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
· 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
· 1 red onion, cut into strips
· 4 portobello mushroom caps, cut intro strips
· 2 teaspoons chili powder
· 2 teaspoons cumin
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· a drizzle of olive oil
· a sprinkle of salt
· tortillas, avocado, etc. for serving
· 1 cup cashews
· 1/2 cup water
· 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
· 1 chipotle pepper (more to taste)
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more if your cashews are unsalted)
1. Prep: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Peppers and Mushrooms: Arrange one baking sheet with the peppers and onions, and one with the mushrooms. Drizzle with oil and toss with the spices and salt. Bake for 20-ish minutes until nice and roasty.
3. Chipotle Queso: Blend up all the ingredients until very, very smooth. Taste and adjust and try not to eat the whole thing.
4. All Together Now: Serve the peppers, onions, and mushrooms in tortillas with avocado and a big ol’ spoonful of chipotle queso! SO GOOD!