Thai Cucumber Noodle Salad
· 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
· 2 dates, pitted
· 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
· 3 Tablespoons filtered water
· 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
· zest of 1 lime
· 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
· 2 teaspoons coconut aminos or gluten free Tamari (reduced sodium)
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
· 2 large cucumbers (extra wide)
· 1 large carrot
· 1/3 cup raw cashews
· 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
· 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
· sesame seeds for garnish
· lime wedges for garnish
1. In a food processor, blend together sesame oil, dates, garlic, water, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, coconut aminos or Tamari, mustard, salt and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Pour Thai dressing into a jar and set aside. Makes just under 1/2 cup dressing.
2. For salad, spiralize cucumber noodles with a vegetable Spiralizer, I use this one. Arrange cucumber noodles on plates. This will make 2 large servings or 4 small servings.
3. Make carrot ribbons with a vegetable peeler, divide carrot ribbons among plates.
4. Top each cucumber salad with a drizzle of Thai dressing.
5. Top each salad with pomegranate seeds, fresh cilantro, cashews and sesame seeds. Serve each salad with a lime wedge.