Thai Curry Noodles
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· 1 onion, diced
· 3 tablespoons red curry paste
· 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
· 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
· 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
· 1/2 (8-ounce) package rice noodles
· 1 tablespoon fish sauce
· 2 teaspoons brown sugar
· 3 green onions, thinly sliced
· 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
· 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
2. Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
5. Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
6. Stir in rice noodles, fish sauce and brown sugar until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat; stir in green onions, cilantro, basil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Serve immediately.