Carrot Cake Cupcakes
· 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (157g)
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g)
· 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed (100g)
· 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
· 3/4 cups canola oil (180ml)
· 2 large eggs room temperature
· 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 2 Tablespoons milk
· 1 1/2 cups grated carrots (170g)
· ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
· 1 batch Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a 12-count muffin pans with paper liners.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl using an electric mixer), whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Stir in canola oil. Add eggs, one at a time, pausing to scrape down sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat until well-combined.
4. Stir in vanilla extract and milk.
5. Add carrots and nuts (if using). and stir until combined.
6. Evenly divide batter into cupcake liners, filling each 2/3-3/4 of the way full. Transfer to oven and bake on 350F (175C) for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
7. Allow to cool completely before decorating with cream cheese frosting*.