Easy healthy yogurt cake
· 1 cup (250gr) plain yogurt
· 2 cups (250gr) all-purpose flour or light spelt flour (I mixed both)
· 1/2 cup (100gr) white or unrefined cane sugar
· 1/2 scant cup (approx 80gr) vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
· 2 eggs, at room temperature
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 Tsp Vanilla essence
· 1 Lemon, zest
· 1 pinch salt
· 3 Tbsp apricot or orange jam
1. Preheat the oven to 350F°/180C° and place the rack in the middle position.
2. Grease a 9x5x2.5 inch loaf pan with butter, cooking spray, or simply line the pan with parchment paper (in this case there's no need to grease the pan).
3. Mix eggs and sugar, then add oil, lemon zest, vanilla essence and mix again. Add yogurt (not very cold) and mix it into a smooth consistency. All in one bowl.
4. Whisk flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together and add to the wet batter until just combined.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
6. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
8. You can serve it plain or brushed with some quick and easy jam glaze which adds a lovely shine and flavor.