Fire Cracker Chicken
· 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
· kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1/2 c. cornstarch
· 3 large eggs
· 1/4 c. vegetable oil
· 3/4 c. brown sugar
· 1/3 c. buffalo sauce
· 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
· 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
· Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
· Green onions, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper, then add cornstarch and toss until fully coated.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Dip chicken in eggs and add to skillet. Sear until golden brown, 5 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Make sauce: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, buffalo sauce, apple cider vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt.
5. Grease baking dish with cooking spray and add chicken. Pour over sauce and bake until sauce has thickened, about 35 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes.
6. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.