Turkish Bulgur Salad (Kisir)
· 1/2 cup bulgur 85g
· 1/2 cup water 120ml
· 1 tbsp tomato paste
· 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
· 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· 1 tomato
· 1/4 cucumber
· 2 tbsp parsley
1. Put the bulgur and water in a small pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the water is absorbed, around 5 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the dressing ingredients - the tomato paste, olive oil, pomegranate molasses and lemon juice.
3. Dice the cucumber and tomato relatively small and finely chop the parsley.
4. Once the bulgur is cool, mix in the dressing, tomato, cucumber and parsley.
5. Serve there and then or chill until needed (best served room temperature).