Turkish Homemade Potato Salad
· 4 large potatoes Yukon gold or Russet
· 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
· 1 tsp sumac
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
· 1/2 cup green onion chopped
· 1/2 cup parsley chopped
· 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
· 2 eggs boiled and peeled
1. Wash the potatoes and place them in a large pot. Fill the pot with water until it covers the potatoes. Add a generous pinch of salt and place the pot over medium high heat.
2. Bring the water to boil and let the potatoes cook for about 20-30 minutes until they are fork tender. Drain and let the potatoes cool completely.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, Aleppo pepper, sumac and salt. Mix well.
5. Add the potatoes to the dressing and stir gently to cover all the potatoes in the dressing.
6. Add chopped green onion, parsley, and halved Kalamata olives to the potatoes and stir well.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. Top with quartered boiled eggs right before serving.