Banana Muffins With Chocolate Chips
· 2 cups plain flour
· 1 cup chocolate chips
· 3/4 cup granulated sugar
· 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
· 2 large eggs, beaten
· 1/4 cup greek yogurt (I recommend full or low-fat)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350F).
2. Prepare a 12-cup standard-size muffin tin.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips together.
4. Combine bananas, yogurt, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl.
5. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
6. Spoon batter evenly into the muffin tray.
7. Bake until golden brown on top, approximately 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve muffins warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
For fluffy, moist banana muffins, ensure you fold in your wet ingredients until just combined. Avoid over mixing.
This mixture makes 12 large muffins. If you prefer smaller muffins, add slightly less mixture to each muffin tray section and use a second tray for the excess.