Savory Quinoa Egg Muffin With Spinach
· 1 cup quinoa
· 2 cups water (or vegetable broth)
· 4 oz. spinach (about 1 cup, loosely packed)
· 1/2 onion (chopped)
· 2 eggs
· 1/4 cup grated cheese
· 1/2 tsp. oregano (or thyme)
· 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp. salt
STEPS TO MAKE IT
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for about ten minutes, or until quinoa is thoroughly cooked and liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat the onion for a few minutes, until soft, then add spinach, cooking just until the spinach has barely wilted, about two minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a muffin pan.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, cooked spinach, and onions, eggs, cheese, oregano or thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, mixing to combine well.
6. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin about 1/4 cup at a time, being careful not to overfill.
7. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!