Chicken Parm Sandwich
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 large egg, lightly beaten
· 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
· 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
· 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 Italian rolls, split
· 2 slices provolone cheese
· 1/3 cup marinara or other meatless pasta sauce, warmed
1. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
2. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve in rolls with provolone cheese and sauce.