Crab Rangoon Rolls
· 2 (8 ounce) boxes cream cheese softened
· 1 –2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (see notes)
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
· 3 green onions chopped
· 1/2 lb fresh white cooked crabmeat flaked or diced
· 8–10 egg roll wrappers
· Vegetable oil for frying
1. In food processor pulse cream cheese Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and green onions several times until mixed. Stir in crab meat.
2. Lay one egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place about three rounded tablespoons in the center of each wrapper making a short horizontal lump . Bring the corner that is closest to you up and over and gently tuck it in. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a small amount of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package with pictures).
3. Heat oil in heavy stockpot or saucepan to 375 degrees. Fry them 2-3 at a time (depending on the size of your pan) for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the heat to charge back up in between batches. Place on paper towels to drain. Serve warm.