Paglia e Fieno (Straw and Hay Pasta)
· 6 oz. spinach fettuccine
· 6 oz. regular fettuccine
· 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· 200 gms. (7 oz.) prosciutto, diced
· 1 cup heavy cream, warmed in a microwave
· 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
· 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1/4 - 1/3 cup 3% milk, or to desired consistency, warmed
1. Add water and salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. The different pasta may need different lengths of time, just add one sooner than the other that needs longer to cook. Cook to al dente. Drain and toss with 2 Tbsp. butter.
2. While the pasta cooks, in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and cook the prosciutto until crisp. Place on paper towels and drain off fat.
3. Add back the meat and then the cream, peas, pepper, and half the Parmesan cheese. Cook until heated through but not boiling. Add the noodles and remaining cheese and stir. Add the milk until desired consistency. Serve with more freshly ground black pepper.